The monolith is a Hierarchy scouting unit. It can see through stealth. It flies slowly over short distances, but travels long distances by teleporting. It can teleport to areas under the fog of war. Its sight range is small, but increases in stages when stationary. Visual range increases after 5 seconds, then 7 seconds after that. It fires a constant radiation beam which degrade the functions of its target, slowing unit production by 10% and reducing turret range by half. It can attack ground and air. It is excellent against aircraft, good against infantry, and poor against heavy vehicles and Walkers.
Type: Large Piloted Flying
Max. Speed: 0.8
Armor: Alien Aircraft
Crush Defense: 40
Crush Power: N/A
Type: Radiation Beam
Min. Range: 50
Max. Range: 125
Damage: 8 per second
Method: Built by Arrival Site
Prerequisites: Reaper Drone
Effect: Phase for 15 seconds, becoming immune to damage and collision
Cooldown: 0:25 (after phasing ends)
Special: The unit is destroyed if it rematerializes inside another object
Effect: Creates radioactive cloud when destroyed
Method: Research Mutagen Branch Suite 1
Damage vs. ArmorEdit
|Alien Vehicle Heavy||0.95||7.6|
|Novus Vehicle Heavy||0.9||7.2|
|Masari Vehicle Heavy||0.95||7.6|
|Masari Vehicle Elite||0.85||6.8|
|Alien Structure Turret||0.95||7.6|
|Novus Structure Turret||0.95||7.6|
|Masari Structure Turret||1.0||8.0|
|Alien Structure Light||0.9||7.2|
|Novus Structure Light||0.9||7.2|
|Masari Structure Light||1.0||8.0|
|Alien Structure Heavy||1.0||8.0|
|Novus Structure Heavy||1.0||8.0|
|Masari Structure Heavy||1.1||8.8|
|Walker Hardpoint Armor||0.75||6|
Trivia & TipsEdit
- It is unknown how it flies or teleports.
- It has a standby stage after teleporting large distances, leaving it defenseless and stationary.
- The radiation weapon appears to be launched from inside the monolith.
- It is a reference to the cigar UFOs. Its name comes from the alien artifact in 2001: Space Oddessy.
- It is divided in 2 segments: a flat one floating above the body and the large body segment.
- The team color only affects the flat disk in the upper part of the Monolith.
- It is the only scout unit that is buildable from the command center (arrival site).
- Monoliths can wreak havoc on enemy bases in the early game. Use them to harass builder units, slow production, and generally keep your opponent off-guard