|Armor:||Alien Infantry Light|
|Cost:||325RM (see article for reductions)|
|Time:||0:20 (see article for reductions)|
|Produced From:||Habitat Walker (requires Lost One Production Pod)|
|Special Ability:||Plasma Bomb, Phase Shift|
|Damage:||6, fired in a burst of 3 shots|
|Upgrades:||Plasma Weapons (Assault-1), Irradiated Weapons (Mutagen-1), Gamma Radiation (Mutagen-3), Phase Modules (Quantum-1), Quantum Ordnance (Quantum-3)|
Lost Ones are light Hierarchy infantry drawn from criminals and misfits that have been subjected to torture and indoctrination in order to be fanatically devoted battle thralls.
Resembling the stereotypical "Grey" alien, the tiny Lost One has a massive head, glowing eyes, and hunched body with spindly limbs tipped with three fingers and toes. Unlike Grunts, the only form of armor worn by a Lost One is a large collar around their neck and a set of cuffs.
Lost Ones have the distinct honor of being the first Hierarchy unit encountered in the story as a group of three attack Colonel Moore's task force shortly upon arriving at the Washington D.C. war zone. Later, Lost Ones attempt to bomb the President's Ambulance during the escape to a nearby human military base and aid in the assault. Lost Ones are then found throughout the Novus and Masari campaigns, generally being deployed alongside the more durable Grunts to provide anti-air support.
In the Hierarchy Campaign, Lost Ones are available for production from the first mission onwards. In the fourth mission, they are used to phase past Novus defenses and bomb Singularity Weapon Crates, killing both themselves and every Novus unit in the area. (Note that in Patch 3 they no longer have their plasma bombs or phase for this mission, requiring the use of Orlok's siege mode instead to set off the crates.)
By default, Lost Ones is armed with a light plasma pistol that is able to attack both air and ground targets, but is primarily effective against aircraft and light infantry such as Masari Disciples or Novus Ohm Robots. Once upgraded with Plasma Bombs (Assault-1) however, they gain the ability to demolish structures and large groups of units that do not move out of the blast range in time. This anti-structure capability can be enhanced with the Phase Shift ability (Quantum-1), allowing them to run up to the minimum range of turrets and bomb them or sneak past defenses to destroy key targets (such as Novus Flow Generators or Masari Knowledge Vaults and Architects).
Lost Ones are also the only Hierarchy infantry unit that is capable of effectively destroying enemy walkers, particularly when given their plasma bombs (18 will destroy a Science Walker) and Quantum Ordnance which allows them to damage both their primary target and any nearby hard points.
- Curiously, even the casualty-conscious Orlok seems to view Lost Ones as expendable, as he showed no concern about using them against Novus singularity storage crates despite the inevitable casualty it would result in. Furthermore, Lost Ones are not mentioned by Orlok during the final Hierarchy mission opening while Grunts, Brutes, and Glyph Carvers are.
- Lost Ones are the only Hierarchy infantry unit that can be crushed by non-super heavy units (Walkers and the Peacebringer), making the likes of Brutes, Conquerors, and especially Mirabel highly effective counters.
- There are a set of corpse models within the games code that appear to be early versions of the Lost One (wo_deadgrey00.alo). These versions share the same general body structure and weapon load-out as the current, but instead of a collar appear to have a tattoo of sorts branded to their chests and back.
- Lost Ones are highly effective at destroying Masari Matter Engines thanks to their ability to phase out and thus avoid being blown up. It requires six plasma bombs to ensure destruction (seven if the engine has Dark Matter Armor).
Method: Built by Habitat Walker
Prerequisites: Lost One Pod hardpoint
- 1 Cost Optimizer: 299
- 2 Cost Optimizers: 273
- 3 Cost Optimizers: 247
- 4 Cost Optimizers: 221
- 1 Teleport Accelerator: 0:18
- 2 Teleport Accelerators: 0:16
- 3 Teleport Accelerators: 0:15
- 4 Teleport Accelerators: 0:14
Effect: Radiation damage increased to 10 per second
Method: Research Mutagen Branch Suite 3
Effect: Plasma bolts are irradiated, inflicting radiation damage over time
Method: Research Mutagen Branch Suite 1
Damage: 5 per second
Duration: 10 seconds
Effect: Phases for 15 seconds, becoming immune to damage and collision
Method: Research Quantum Branch Suite 1
Cooldown: 0:25 (from end of phasing)
Note:: The unit is destroyed if it rematerializes while inside another object
Effect: Allows unit to drop a Plasma Bomb at targeted location which detonates 4 seconds later, doing area of effect damage
Method: Research Assault Branch Suite 1
Cooldown: 0:35 (from detonation)
Effect: Plasma attacks explode for an additional 3 damage
Method: Research Quantum Branch Suite 3
Damage vs. ArmorEdit
|Alien Vehicle Heavy||0.7||4.2||4.3|
|Novus Vehicle Heavy||0.7||4.2||4.3|
|Masari Vehicle Heavy||0.75||4.5||4.7|
|Masari Vehicle Elite||0.75||4.5||4.7|
|Walker Hardpoint Armor||0.5||3||3.1|
|Dark Matter Armor||1.25||7.5||7.8|
|Alien Infantry Light||1.35||202.5|
|Novus Infantry Light||1.35||202.5|
|Masari Infantry Light||1.45||217.5|
|Alien Infantry Heavy||1.35||202.5|
|Novus Infantry Heavy||1.35||202.5|
|Masari Infantry Heavy||1.45||217.5|
|Alien Vehicle Light||1.35||202.5|
|Novus Vehicle Light||1.35||202.5|
|Masari Vehicle Light||1.45||217.5|
|Alien Vehicle Heavy||1.35||202.5|
|Novus Vehicle Heavy||1.35||202.5|
|Masari Vehicle Heavy||1.45||217.5|
|Masari Vehicle Elite||1.35||202.5|
|Alien Structure Turret||1.75||262.5|
|Novus Structure Turret||1.75||262.5|
|Masari Structure Turret||1.8||270|
|Alien Structure Light||1.75||262.5|
|Novus Structure Light||1.75||262.5|
|Masari Structure Light||1.8||270|
|Alien Structure Heavy||1.75||262.5|
|Novus Structure Heavy||1.75||262.5|
|Masari Structure Heavy||1.8||270|
|Dark Matter Armor||1.6||240|
|This article is a stub and is incomplete
You can help the Universe At War by expanding it